Section 3: Chapters 45-57http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe048.htm
Chapters. 45-57 [XLV-LVII.] The Second Parable. #S03C45
Ch. 47 [XLVII.] The Prayer of the Righteous for Vengeance and their Joy at its coming. #S03C47
Ch. 48 [XLVIII.] The Fount of Righteousness; the Son of Man–the Stay of the Righteous: Judgement of the Kings and the Mighty. #S03C48
Ch. 49 [XLIX.] The Power and Wisdom of the Elect One. #S03C49
Ch. 50 [L.] The Glorification and Victory of the Righteous: the Repentance of the Gentiles. #S03C50
Ch. 51 [LI.] The Resurrection of the Dead, and the Separation by the Judge of the Righteous and the Wicked. #S03C51
Ch. 53 [LIII. LVI.] 6. The Valley of Judgement: the Angels of Punishment: the Communities of the Elect One. #S03C53
Ch. 55 [LV.] vs.3 – [LVI.] vs.4. Final Judgement of Azâzêl, the Watchers and their children. #S03C55
Ch. 56 [LVI.] vs.5-vs.8. Last struggle of heathen Powers against Israel. #S03C56
Ch. 57 [LVII.] The Return from the Dispersion. #S03C57
The Lot of the Apostates: the New Heaven and the New Earth.
1. And this is the Second Parable concerning those who deny the name of the dwelling of the holy ones and the Lord of Spirits.
And on the earth they shall not come:
Such shall be the lot of the sinners
Who have denied the name of the Lord of Spirits,
Who are thus preserved for the day of suffering and tribulation.p. 63
And shall try their works,
And their places of rest shall be innumerable.
And their souls shall grow strong within them when they see Mine Elect Ones,
And those who have called upon My glorious name:
4. Then will I cause Mine Elect One to dwell among them.
And I will transform the heaven and make it an eternal blessing and light
5. And I will transform the earth and make it a blessing:
And I will cause Mine elect ones to dwell upon it:
But the sinners and evil-doers shall not set foot thereon.
6. For I have provided and satisfied with peace My righteous ones
And have caused them to dwell before Me:
XLVI. The Head of Days and the Son of Man.
And His head was white like wool,
And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.
why he went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me:
With whom dwelleth righteousness,
And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,
And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits in uprightness for ever.
4. And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
Shall †raise up† the kings and the mighty from their seats,
[And the strong from their thrones]
And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
And break the teeth of the sinners.
5. [And he shall put down the kings from their thrones and kingdoms]
Because they do not extol and praise Him,
Nor humbly acknowledge whence the kingdom was bestowed upon them.
6. And he shall put down the countenance of the strong,
And shall fill them with shame.
And darkness shall be their dwelling,
And worms shall be their bed,
And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds,
Because they do not extol the name of the Lord of Spirits.
7. And these are they who †judge† the stars of heaven,
[And raise their hands against the Most High],
†And tread upon the earth and dwell upon it†.
And all their deeds manifest unrighteousness,
And their power rests upon their riches, p. 65
And their faith is in the †gods† which they have made with their hands,
And they deny the name of the Lord of Spirits,
XLVII. The Prayer of the Righteous for Vengeance and their Joy at its coming.
And the blood of the righteous from the earth before the Lord of Spirits.
2. In those days the holy ones who dwell above in the heavens
Shall unite with one voice
And supplicate and pray [and praise,
And give thanks and bless the name of the Lord of Spirits]
On behalf of the blood of the righteous which has been shed,
And that the prayer of the righteous may not be in vain before the Lord of Spirits,
That judgement may be done unto them,
And that they may not have to suffer for ever.
3. In those days I saw the Head of Days when He seated himself upon the throne of His glory,
And the books of the living were opened before Him:
And all His host which is in heaven above and His counselors stood before Him,
4. And the hearts of the holy were filled with joy;
Because the number of the righteous had been offered,
And the prayer of the righteous had been heard,
And the blood of the righteous been required before the Lord of Spirits.
XLVIII. The Fount of Righteousness; the Son of Man–the Stay of the Righteous: Judgement of the Kings and the Mighty.
Which was inexhaustible:
And around it were many fountains of wisdom;
And were filled with wisdom,
And their dwellings were with the righteous and holy and elect.
2. And at that hour that Son of Man was named In the presence of the Lord of Spirits,
And his name before the Head of Days.
3. Yea, before the sun and the signs were created,
Before the stars of the heaven were made,
His name was named before the Lord of Spirits.
4. He shall be a staff to the righteous whereon to stay themselves and not fall,
And he shall be the light of the Gentiles,
And the hope of those who are troubled of heart.
5. All who dwell on earth shall fall down and worship before him,
And will praise and bless and celebrate with song the Lord of Spirits.
6. And for this reason hath he been chosen and hidden before Him,
Before the creation of the world and for evermore.
7. And the wisdom of the Lord of Spirits hath revealed him to the holy and righteous;
For he hath preserved the lot of the righteous,
Because they have hated and despised this world of unrighteousness,
And have hated all its works and ways in the name of the Lord of Spirits: p. 67
For in his name they are saved,
And according to his good pleasure hath it been in regard to their life.
8. In these days downcast in countenance shall the kings of the earth have become,
And the strong who possess the land because of the works of their hands;
For on the day of their anguish and affliction they shall not (be able to) save themselves.
9. And I will give them over into the hands of Mine elect:
As straw in the fire so shall they burn before the face of the holy:
As lead in the water shall they sink before the face of the righteous,
And no trace of them shall any more be found.
10. And on the day of their affliction there shall be rest on the earth,
And before them they shall fall and not rise again:
XLIX. The Power and Wisdom of the Elect One.
And glory faileth not before him for evermore.
And unrighteousness shall disappear as a shadow,
And have no continuance;
Because the Elect One standeth before the Lord of Spirits,
And his glory is for ever and ever,
And his might unto all generations. p. 68
3. And in him dwells the spirit of wisdom,
And the spirit which gives insight,
And the spirit of understanding and of might,
And the spirit of those who have fallen asleep in righteousness.
L. The Glorification and Victory of the Righteous: the Repentance of the Gentiles.
And the light of days shall abide upon them,
And glory and honour shall turn to the holy,
2. On the day of affliction on which evil shall have been treasured up against the sinners.
And He will cause the others to witness (this)
That they may repent
And forgo the works of their hands.
3. They shall have no honour through the name of the Lord of Spirits,
Yet through His name shall they be saved,
And the Lord of Spirits will have compassion on them,
For His compassion is great.
4. And He is righteous also in His judgement,
And in the presence of His glory unrighteousness also shall not maintain itself:
At His judgement the unrepentant shall perish before Him.
5. And from henceforth I will have no mercy on them, saith the Lord of Spirits.
LI. The Resurrection of the Dead, and the Separation by the Judge of the Righteous and the Wicked.
And Sheol also shall give back that which it has received,
And hell shall give back that which it owes.
2. And he shall choose the righteous and holy from among them:
For the day has drawn nigh that they should be saved.
3. And the Elect One shall in those days sit on My throne,
And his mouth shall pour forth all the secrets of wisdom and counsel:
For the Lord of Spirits hath given (them) to him and hath glorified him.
4. And in those days shall the mountains leap like rams,
And the hills also shall skip like lambs satisfied with milk,
And the faces of ⌈all⌉ the angels in heaven shall be lighted up with joy.
LII. The SevenOnly six are mentioned; see Charles’ note in his large edition–EDD. Metal Mountains and the Elect One.
1. And after those days in that place where I had seen all the visions of that which is hidden–for I had been carried off in a whirlwind and they had borne me towards the west– 2. There mine eyes saw all the secret things of heaven that shall be, a mountain of iron, and a mountain of copper, and a
mountain of silver, and a mountain of gold, and a mountain of soft metal, and a mountain of lead.
3. And I asked the angel who went with me, saying, ‘What things are these which I have seen in secret?’ 4. And he said unto me: ‘All these things which thou hast seen shall serve the dominion of His Anointed that he may be potent and mighty on the earth.’
5. And that angel of peace answered, saying unto me: ‘Wait a little, and there shall be revealed unto thee all the secret things which surround the Lord of Spirits.
The mountain of iron, and the mountain of copper, and the mountain of silver,
And the mountain of gold, and the mountain of soft metal, and the mountain of lead,
All these shall be in the presence of the Elect One
As wax: before the fire,
And like the water which streams down from above [upon those mountains],
And they shall become powerless before his feet.
7. And it shall come to pass in those days that none shall be saved,
Either by gold or by silver,
And none be able to escape.
8. And there shall be no iron for war,
Nor shall one clothe oneself with a breastplate.
Bronze shall be of no service,
And tin [shall be of no service and] shall not be esteemed,
And lead shall not be desired.
9. And all these things shall be [denied and] destroyed from the surface of the earth,
When the Elect One shall appear before the face of the Lord of Spirits.’
LIII. LVI. 6. The Valley of Judgement: the Angels of Punishment: the Communities of the Elect One.
1. There mine eyes saw a deep valley with open mouths, and all who dwell on the earth and sea and islands shall bring to him gifts and presents and tokens of homage, but that deep valley shall not become full.
And the sinners devour all whom they lawlessly oppress:
Yet the sinners shall be destroyed before the face of the Lord of Spirits,
And they shall be banished from off the face of His earth,
And they shall perish for ever and ever.
6. And after this the Righteous and Elect One shall cause the house of his congregation to appear: henceforth they shall be no more hindered in the name of the Lord of Spirits.
But the hills shall be as a fountain of water,
And the righteous shall have rest from the oppression of sinners.’
1. And I looked and turned to another part of the earth, and saw there a deep valley with burning fire. 2. And they brought the kings and the mighty, and began to cast them into this deep valley. 3. And there mine eyes saw how they made these their instruments, iron chains of immeasurable weight. 4. And I asked the angel of peace who went with me, saying: ‘For whom are these chains being prepared?’
[paragraph continues] 5. And he said unto me: ‘These are being prepared for the hosts of Azâzêl, so that they may take them and cast them into the abyss of complete condemnation, and they shall cover their jaws with rough stones as the Lord of Spirits commanded.
6. And Michael, and Gabriel, and Raphael, and Phanuel shall take hold of them on that great day, and cast them on that day into the burning furnace, that the Lord of Spirits may take vengeance on them for their unrighteousness in becoming subject to Satan and leading astray those who dwell on the earth.’
LIV. 7.-LV 2. Noachic Fragment on the first World Judgement.
7. ‘And in those days shall punishment come from the Lord of Spirits, and he will open all the chambers of waters which are above the heavens, and of the fountains which are beneath the earth. 8. And all the waters shall be joined with the waters: that which is above the heavens is the masculine, and the water which is beneath the earth is the feminine. 9. And they shall destroy all who dwell on the earth and those who dwell under the ends of the heaven. 10. And when they have recognized their unrighteousness which they have wrought on the earth, then by these shall they perish.
1. And after that the Head of Days repented and said: ‘In vain have I destroyed all who dwell on the earth.’ 2. And He sware by His great name: ‘Henceforth I will not do so to all who dwell on the earth, and I will set a sign in the heaven: and this shall be a pledge of good faith between Me and them for ever, so long as heaven is above the earth. And this is in accordance with My command.’
LV. 3-LVI. 4. Final Judgement of Azâzêl, the Watchers and their children.
3. When I have desired to take hold of them by the hand of the angels on the day of tribulation and pain because of this, I will cause My chastisement and My wrath to abide upon them, saith God, the Lord of Spirits. 4. Ye †mighty kings† who dwell on the earth, ye shall have to behold Mine Elect One, how he sits on the throne of glory and judges Azâzêl, and all his associates, and all his hosts in the name of the Lord of Spirits.’
1. And I saw there the hosts of the angels of punishment going, and they held scourges and chains of iron and bronze. 2. And I asked the angel of peace who went with me, saying: ‘To whom are these who hold the scourges going?’ 3. And he said unto me: ‘To their elect and beloved ones, that they may be cast into the chasm of the abyss of the valley.
And the days of their lives shall be at an end,
And the days of their leading astray shall not thenceforward be reckoned.
LVI. 5-8. Last struggle of heathen Powers against Israel.
And hurl themselves to the east upon the Parthians and Medes:
They shall stir up the kings, so that a spirit of unrest shall come upon them,
And they shall rouse them from their thrones,
That they may break forth as lions from their lairs,
And as hungry wolves among their flocks.
6. And they shall go up and tread under foot the land of His elect ones, p. 74
[And the land of His elect ones shall be before them a threshing-floor and a highway:]
7. But the city of my righteous shall be a hindrance to their horses.
And their right hand shall be strong against themselves,
And a man shall not know his brother,
Nor a son his father or his mother,
Till there be no number of the corpses through their slaughter,
And their punishment be not in vain.
8. In those days Sheol shall open its jaws,
And they shall be swallowed up therein
LVII. The Return from the Dispersion.
1. And it came to pass after this that I saw another host of wagons, and men riding thereon, and coming on the winds from the east, and from the west to the south. 2. And the noise of their wagons was heard, and when this turmoil took place the holy ones from heaven remarked it, and the pillars of the earth were moved from their place, and the sound thereof was heard from the one end of heaven to the other, in one day. 3. And they shall all fall down and worship the Lord of Spirits. And this is the end of the second Parable.