Ašakhté d’Enokh – Part Second
Enokh – Chapter 33
The Book of Admonition for the Children of Mar Enokh
1. “And now I swear unto you, to the wise and to the foolish, for you shall have manifold experiences on the earth.
2. For you men shall put on more adornments than a woman, and coloured garments more than a virgin. In royalty and in grandeur and in power, and in silver and in gold and in purple, and in splendour and in food they shall be poured out as water.
3. Therefore they shall be wanting in doctrine and wisdom, and they shall perish thereby together with their possessions.
4. And with all their glory and their splendour, and in shame and in slaughter and in great destitution, their spirits shall be cast into the furnace of fire.
5. I have sworn unto you, you sinners, as a mountain has not become a slave, and a hill does not become the handmaid of a woman, even so sin has not been sent upon the earth, but man of himself has created it, and under a great curse shall they fall who commit it.
6. I have sworn unto you, you sinners, by the Holy Great One, that all your evil deeds are revealed in the heavens, and that none of your deeds of oppression are covered and hidden.
7. And do not think in your spirit nor say in your heart that you do not know and that you do not see that every sin is every day recorded in heaven in the Presence of the Most High.
8. For you know that all your acts of oppression are written down every day till the day of your judgement.
9. Woe to you, you fools, for through your folly shall you perish: and you transgress against the wise, and so good hap shall not be your portion.
10. And now, know that you are prepared for the day of destruction and that there is no hope of life, you sinners, but you shall depart and die;
11. For you know no ransom; for you are prepared for the day of the great judgement, for the day of tribulation and great shame for your spirits.
12. Woe to you, you obstinate of heart, who work wickedness and eat blood:
13. From where have you good things to eat and to drink and to be filled? From all the good things which the Lord the Most High has placed in abundance on the earth; therefore you shall have no peace.
14. Woe to you who love the deeds of unrighteousness. Do you actually hope to have blessings? Know that, instead, you shall be delivered into the hands of the righteous, and they shall cut off your necks and slay you, and have no mercy upon you.
15. Woe to you who rejoice in the tribulation of the righteous; for no grave shall be dug for you.
16. Woe to you who count the words of the righteous as nothing; for you shall have no hope of life.
17. Woe to you who write down lying and godless words; for they write down their lies that men may hear them and act godlessly towards their neighbour. Therefore they shall have no peace but die a sudden death.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '33.'