Ašakhté d’Enokh – Part Second
Enokh – Chapter 37
The Book of Admonition for the Children of Mar Enokh
1. “I swear unto you, that in the heavens the flying immortals remember you for good before the glory of the Great One, and your names are written before the glory of the Great One.
2. Be hopeful because formerly you were put to shame through ill and affliction; but now you shall shine as the lights of heaven, you shall shine and you shall be seen, and the portals of heaven shall be opened to you.
3. And in your cry, cry for judgement, and it shall appear to you; for all your tribulation shall be visited on the rulers, and on all who helped those who took from you what was not theirs.
4. Be hopeful, and do not cast away your aspirations for you shall have great joy as the angels of heaven.
5. What shall you be obliged to do? You shall not have to hide on the day of the great judgement and you shall not be found as sinners, and the eternal judgement shall be far from you for all the generations of the world.
6. And now fear not, you righteous, when you see the sinners growing strong and prospering in their ways, do not be friends with them, but keep far away from their violence; for you shall become friends of the hosts of heaven.
7. And, although you sinners say: ‘All our sins shall not be searched out and be written down,’ nevertheless they shall write down all your transgressions every day.
8. And now I show unto you that light and darkness, day and night, see all your sins.
9. Do not be godless in your hearts, and do not lie or alter the words of uprightness, nor charge with lying the words of the Holy Great One, nor take account of your idols; for all your lying and all your godlessness issue not in righteousness but in great sin.
10. And now I know this mystery, that sinners will alter and pervert the words of righteousness in many ways, and will speak wicked words, and lie, and practise great deceits, and write books concerning their words.
11. But when they write down truthfully all my words in their languages, and do not change or devalue to nothing my words but write them all down truthfully – all that I first testified concerning them.
12. Then, I know another mystery, that books will be given to the righteous and the wise to become a cause of joy and uprightness and much wisdom.
13. And to them shall the books be given, and they shall believe in them and rejoice over them, and then shall all the righteous who have learned from the books all the pathways of uprightness be recompensed.
14. In those days the Lord bade them to summon and testify to the children of earth concerning their wisdom.”
15. “Reveal it unto them; for you are their guides, and a recompense over the whole earth.
16. For I and My son will be united with them for ever in the pathways of uprightness in their lives; and you shall have peace; rejoice, you children of uprightness.” Amin.Amen
(The English text of the Book of Enokh is based on the translation of R.H.C., compared with the original languages and revelatory texts of the Manichaean Church)
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '37.'