Ašakhté d’Enokh – Part Second
Enokh – Chapter 35
The Book of Admonition for the Children of Mar Enokh
1. “And in those days in one place the fathers together with their sons shall be struck down and brothers one with another shall fall in death till the streams flow with their blood.
2. For a man shall not withhold his hand from slaying his sons and his sons’ sons, and the sinner shall not withhold his hand from his honoured brother:
3. From dawn till sunset they shall slay one another.
4. And the horse shall walk up to the breast in the blood of sinners, and the chariot shall be submerged to its height.
5. In those days the angels shall descend into the secret places and gather together into one place all those who brought down sin and the Most High will arise on that day of judgement to execute great judgement amongst sinners.
6. And over all the righteous and holy He will appoint guardians from amongst the holy flying immortals to guard them as the apple of an eye, until He makes an end of all wickedness and all sin, and though the righteous sleep a long sleep, they have nothing to fear.
7. And then the children of the earth shall see the wise in security, and shall understand all the words of this book, and recognise that their wealth shall not be able to save them in the overthrow of their unrighteous acts.
8. Woe to you, sinners, on the day of strong anguish, you who afflict the righteous and burn them with fire; for you shall be requited according to your works.
9. Woe to you, you obstinate of heart, who watch in order to plan wickedness; therefore, shall fear come upon you and there shall be none to help you.
10. Woe to you, you sinners, on account of the words of your mouth, and on account of the deeds of your hands which your godlessness has brought about, in blazing flames burning worse than fire shall you burn.
11. And now, know that from the angels He will inquire as to your deeds in the heavens, from the sun and from the moon and from the stars in reference to your sins because upon the earth you execute judgement on the righteous.
12. And He will summon to testify against you every cloud and mist and dew and rain; for they shall all be withheld because of you from descending upon you, and they shall be mindful of your transgressions.
13. And now give presents to the rain so that it is not withheld from descending upon you, nor yet the dew, when it has received gold and silver from you that it may descend.
14. When the chilling frost and snow, and all the snow-storms with all their plagues fall upon you, in those days you shall not be able to stand before them.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '35.'