Ašakhté d’Enokh – Part Second
Enokh – Chapter 32
The Book of Admonition for the Children of Mar Enokh
1. “Be hopeful, you righteous ones; for suddenly shall the sinners perish before you, and you shall have dominion over them according to your desires.
2. And in the day of the tribulation of the sinners, your children shall mount and rise as eagles, and higher than the vultures will be your nest, and you shall ascend and enter the crevices of the earth, and the clefts of the rock for ever as small animals before the unrighteous, and the sirens shall sigh because of you, and weep.
3. Therefore, do not fear, you that have suffered; for healing shall be your portion, and a bright light shall enlighten you, and the voice of rest you shall hear from heaven.
4. Woe unto you, you sinners, for your riches make you appear like the righteous, but your hearts convict you of being sinners, and this fact shall be a testimony against you for a memorial of your evil deeds.
5. Woe to you who devour the finest of the wheat, and drink wine in large bowls, and tread under foot the lowly with your might.
6. Woe to you who drink water from every fountain, for suddenly shall you be consumed and wither away, because you have forsaken the fountain of life.
7. Woe to you who work unrighteousness and deceit and blasphemy. It shall be a memorial against you for evil.
8. Woe to you, you mighty, who with might oppress the righteous; for the day of your destruction is coming.
9. In those days many and good days shall come to the righteous – in the day of your judgement.
10. Believe, you righteous ones, that the sinners will become a shame and perish in the day of unrighteousness.
11. Let it be known to you sinners that the Most High is mindful of your destruction, and the angels of heaven will be obedient in carrying out the Will of the Father of Greatness.
12. What will you do, you sinners, and to what place will you flee on that day of judgement, when you hear the voice of the prayer of the righteous?
13. You shall fare like unto them, against whom this word shall be a testimony: ‘You have been companions of sinners.’
14. And in those days the prayer of the righteous shall reach unto the Lord, and for you the days of your judgement shall come.
15. And all the words of your unrighteousness shall be read out before the Great Holy One, and your faces shall be covered with shame, and He will reject every work which is grounded on unrighteousness.
16. Woe to you, you sinners, who live on the mid ocean and on the dry land, whose remembrance is evil against you.
17. Woe to you who acquire silver and gold in unrighteousness and say: ‘We have become wealthy with riches and have possessions; and have acquired everything we have desired.
18. And now let us do what we purposed; for we have gathered silver, and many are the husbandmen in our houses. And our granaries are full as with water.’
19. And like water your lies shall flow away; for your treasury shall not abide but speedily ascend from you; for you have acquired it all in unrighteousness, and you shall be given over to a great curse.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '32.'