Ašakhté d’Enokh – Part Second
Enokh – Chapter 31
The Book of Admonition for the Children of Mar Enokh
1. “Woe to those who build unrighteousness and oppression and lay deceit as a foundation; for they shall be suddenly overthrown, and they shall have no peace.
2. Woe to those who build their houses with sin; for from all their foundations shall they be overthrown, and by the sword shall they fall.
3. And those who hunger after gold and silver in judgement suddenly shall perish.
4. Woe to you, you greedy ones, for you have trusted in your wealth, and from your wealth shall you depart, because you have not remembered the Most High in the days of your wealth.
5. You have committed blasphemy and unrighteousness, and have become ready for the day of slaughter, and the day of darkness and the day of the great judgement.
6. Thus I speak and declare unto you: You who were created will be overthrown, and for your fall there shall be no compassion.
7. And your righteous ones in those days shall be a reproach to the sinners and the godless.
8. Oh that my eyes were a cloud of waters that I might weep over you, and pour down my tears as a cloud of waters, that so I might rest from my trouble of heart!
9. Who has permitted you to practise reproaches and wickedness? And so judgement shall overtake you, sinners.
10. Fear not the sinners, you righteous ones; for again will the Lord deliver them into your hands, that you may execute judgement upon them according to your desires.
11. Woe to you who fulminate anathemas which cannot be reversed: Healing shall therefore be far from you because of your sins.
12. Woe to you who requite your neighbour with evil; for you shall be requited according to your works.
13. Woe to you, lying witnesses, and to those who weigh out injustice, for suddenly shall you perish.
14. Woe to you, sinners, for you persecute the righteous; for you shall be delivered up and persecuted because of injustice, and heavy shall its yoke be upon you.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '31.'