Ašakhté d’Enokh – Part Second
Enokh – Chapter 28
The Book of Admonition for the Children of Mar Enokh
1. “And now, my son Methuselah, call to me all your brothers and gather together to me all the sons of your mother; for the word calls me, and the spirit is poured out upon me, that I may show you everything that shall befall you for ever.”
2. And there upon Methuselah went and summoned to him all his brothers and assembled his relatives.
3. And he spoke unto all the children of righteousness and said: “Hear, sons of Enokh, all the words of your father, and listen intently to the voice of my mouth; for I exhort you and say unto you, beloved: Love uprightness and walk therein.
4. And do not draw close to uprightness with a double heart, and do not associate with those of a double heart, but walk in righteousness, my sons.
5. And it shall guide you on pathways of righteousness, and righteousness shall be your companion.
6. For I know that violence must increase on the earth, and a great chastisement be executed on the earth, and all unrighteousness come to an end.
7. And it shall be cut off from its roots, and its whole structure be destroyed.
8. And unrighteousness shall again be consummated on the earth, and all the deeds of unrighteousness and of violence and transgression shall prevail in a twofold degree.
9. And when sin and unrighteousness and blasphemy and violence in all kinds of deeds increase, and apostasy and transgression and uncleanness increase, a great chastisement shall come from heaven upon all these, and the holy Lord will come forth with wrath and chastisement to execute judgement on earth.
10. In those days violence shall be cut off from its roots, and the roots of unrighteousness together with deceit, and they shall be destroyed from under the heavens.
11. And all the idols of the heathen shall be abandoned, and the temples burned with fire, and they shall remove them from the whole earth, and the heathen shall be cast into the judgement of fire, and shall perish in wrath and in grievous judgement for ever.
12. And the righteous shall arise from their sleep, and wisdom shall arise and be given unto them.
13. And now I tell you, my sons, and show you the pathways of righteousness and the pathways of violence.
14. And I will show them to you again that you may know what will come to pass.
15. And now, heed these words, my sons, and walk in the pathways of righteousness, and do not walk in the pathways of violence;
16. For all who walk in the pathways of unrighteousness shall perish for ever.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '28.'