Enokh – Chapter 25
1. In those days shall the mighty and the kings who possess the earth implore Him to grant them a little respite from His angels of punishment to whom they were delivered, that they might fall down and worship before the Father of Greatness, and confess their sins before Him.
2. And they shall bless and glorify the Father of Greatness, and say: “Blessed is the Father of Greatness and the Lord of kings, and the Lord of the mighty and the Lord of the rich, and the Lord of glory and the Lord of wisdom.
3. And splendid in every secret thing is Your power from generation to generation, and Your glory for ever and ever: Deep are all Your secrets and innumerable, and Your righteousness is beyond reckoning.
4. We have now learned that we should glorify and bless the Lord of kings and Him who is king over all kings.”
5. And they shall say: “Would that we had rest to glorify and give thanks and confess our faith before His glory!
6. And now we long for a little rest but are unable to find it. We follow hard upon and are not able to obtain it. And light has vanished from before us, and darkness is our dwelling place for ever and ever.
7. For we have not believed before Him nor glorified the Name of the Father of Greatness, nor glorified our Lord; but our hope was in the sceptre of our kingdom, and in our glory.
8. And in the day of our suffering and tribulation He does not save us, and we do not find respite for confession that our Lord is true in all His works, and in His judgements and His justice, and His judgements do not discriminate against the classes.
9. And we pass away from before His face on account of our works, and all our sins are reckoned up in righteousness.”
10. Now they shall say unto themselves: “Our souls are full of unrighteous gain, but it does not prevent us from descending from the midst thereof into the burden of the grave.”
11. And after that their faces shall be filled with darkness and shame before that Son of Man, and they shall be driven from his presence, and the sword shall abide before his face in their midst.
12. Thus spoke the Father of Greatness: “This is the ordinance and judgement with respect to the mighty and the kings and the exalted and those who possess the earth before the Father of Greatness.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '25.'