Enokh – Chapter 21
1. And I looked and turned to another part of the earth, and saw there a deep valley with burning fire.
2. And they brought the kings and the mighty, and began to cast them into this deep valley.
3. And there my eyes saw how they made these their instruments, iron chains of immeasurable weight.
4. And I asked the angel of peace who went with me, saying: “For whom are these chains being prepared?”
5. And he said unto me: “These are being prepared for the hosts of Azazelthe evil one, so that they may take them and cast them into the abyss of complete condemnation, and they shall cover their jaws with rough stones as the Father of Greatness commanded.
6. And Michael, and Gabriel, and Raphael, and Phanuel shall take hold of them on that great day, and cast them on that day into the burning furnace, that the Father of Greatness may take vengeance on them for their unrighteousness in becoming subject to the evil one and leading astray those who dwell on the earth.”
7. And I saw there the hosts of the angels of punishment going, and they held scourges and chains of iron and bronze.
8. And I asked the angel of peace who went with me, saying: “To whom are these who hold the scourges going?”
9. And he said unto me: “To their elect and beloved ones, that they may be cast into the chasm of the abyss of the valley.
10. And then that valley shall be filled with their elect and beloved, and the days of their lives shall be at an end, and the days of their leading astray shall not be called to mind.
11. And in those days the angels shall return and hurl themselves to the east upon the Parthians and Medes.
12. They shall stir up the kings, so that a spirit of unrest shall come upon them, and they shall rouse them from their thrones, that they may break forth as lions from their lairs, and as hungry wolves among their flocks.
13. And they shall go up and tread under foot the land of His elect ones, and the land of His elect ones shall be before them a threshing-floor and a highway.
14. As for the city of my righteous, it shall be a hindrance to their horses.
15. And they shall begin to fight among themselves, and their right hand shall be strong against themselves,
16. And a man shall not know his brother, nor a son his father or his mother,
17. Till there be no number of the corpses through their slaughter, and their punishment be not in vain.
18. In those days the grave shall open its jaws, and they shall be swallowed up therein and their destruction shall be at an end;
19. The grave shall devour the sinners in the presence of the Elect.”
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '21.'
|↑1||the evil one|