Enokh – Chapter 17
1. And there I saw One who had a head of days, and His head was white like wool, and with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man, and his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy flying immortals.
2. And I asked the angel who went with me and revealed to me all the hidden things, concerning that Son of Man, who he was, and where he was from, and why he went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me:
3. “This is the son of Man who has righteousness, with whom dwells righteousness, and who reveals all the treasures of that which is hidden, because the Father of Greatness has chosen him, and whose lot has the preeminence before the Father of Greatness in uprightness for ever.
4. And this Son of Man whom you have seen shall depose the kings and the mighty from their seats, and the strong from their thrones and shall loosen the reins of the strong, and break the teeth of the sinners.
5. And he shall put down the kings from their thrones and kingdoms because they do not extol and praise Him, nor humbly acknowledge the Origin of the kingdom which was bestowed upon them.
6. And he shall put down the countenance of the strong, and shall fill them with shame.
7. And their dwelling shall be in the darkness, and worms shall be their bedgrave, and they shall have no hope of rising from their beds, because they do not extol the Name of the Father of Greatness.
8. And these are they who judge the stars of heaven, and raise their hands against the Most High, and tread upon the earth and dwell upon it.
9. And all their deeds manifest unrighteousness, and their power rests upon their riches, and their faith is in the gods which they have made with their hands, and they deny the name of the Father of Greatness.
10. And they persecute the houses of His congregations, and the faithful who hang upon the Name of the Father of Greatness.
11. And in those days shall have ascended the prayer of the righteous, and the blood of the righteous from the earth before the Father of Greatness.
12. In those days the holy ones who dwell above in the heavens shall unite with one voice and supplicate and pray and praise, and give thanks and bless the name of the Father of Greatness on behalf of the blood of the righteous which has been shed, and that the prayer of the righteous may not be in vain before the Father of Greatness, that judgement may be done unto them, and that they may not have to suffer for ever.
13. In those days I saw the Head of Days when He seated himself upon the throne of His glory, and the books of the living were opened before Him: And all His host which is in the heavens above and His counsellors stood before Him.
14. And the hearts of the holy were filled with joy; because the number of the righteous had been offered, and the prayer of the righteous had been heard, and the blood of the righteous had been required before the Father of Greatness.
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '17.'