Enokh – Chapter 7
1. And Enokh went and said: “Azazel, you shall have no peace: a severe sentence has gone forth against you to put you in bonds.
2. And you shall not have toleration nor request granted to you, because of the unrighteousness which you have taught, and because of all the works of godlessness and unrighteousness and sin which you have shown to men.”
3. Then I went and spoke to them all together, and they were all afraid, and fear and trembling seized them.
4. And they requested that I draw up a petition for them that they might find forgiveness, and to read their petition in the presence of the Lord of Heaven.
5. For from that time forward they could not speak with Him nor lift up their eyes to the heavens due to the shame of their sins for which they had been condemned.
6. Then I wrote out their petition, and the prayer in regard to their spirits and their deeds individually and in regard to their requests that they should have forgiveness and length of days.
7. And I went off and sat down at the waters of Dan, in the land of Dan, to the south of the west of Hermon: I read their petition till I fell asleep.
8. And behold a dream came to me, and visions fell down upon me, and I saw visions of chastisement, and a voice came bidding me to tell it to the sons of heaven, and reprimand them.
9. And when I awakened, I came unto them, and they were all sitting gathered together, weeping in the land between Lebanon and Seneser, with their faces covered.
10. And I recounted before them all the visions which I had seen in sleep, and I began to speak the words of righteousness, and to reprimand the heavenly Watchers.
Original Source: Manichaean/Holybook/ 'Enokh' Table of Contents - – Original Chapter Source: Chapter '7.'