Words and phrases Redacted by Westcott and Hort’s ENGLISH ONLINE
|WHENT||Philippians||WHGNT||Westcott & Hort GNT – Literal Translation (Interlinear)|
|Php)3:16||Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule,
||3:16||3:16 πλὴν “to-beyond,” εἰς “into” ὃ “to-which” ἐφθάσαμεν, “we-anteceded,” τῷ “unto-the-one” αὐτῷ “unto-it” στοιχεῖν. “to-procession-unto.”|
Original Greek Source:
Drs. Westcott and Hort’s The New Testament in the Original Greek – a critical Greek text based primarily on Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus.
Literal English Features:
- Is true to the word order of the original Greek.
- Has literal English meanings based on the Greek roots.
- Assigns to each Greek word one unique English meaning.
- Shows (by hyphenated groups) the English meaning applying to each Greek word.
- Shows (by color coding and word notes) grammatical details within the Greek language.
Grammatical & Color Codings:1)http://www.qbible.com/greek-new-testament/
italic [the verb is in the Middle Voice]
underlined [the adjective or participle verb points to a plural subject] [single brackets] [accepted in the primary reading] [[double brackets]] [rejected in the primary reading]
bold [the Old Testament is being quoted]
apostrophes (‘) [the transliterated noun is plural]
References [ + ]