Words and phrases Redacted by Westcott and Hort’s ENGLISH ONLINE
|WHENT||2 Thessalonians||WHGNT||Westcott & Hort GNT – Literal Translation (Interlinear)|
|2Th)1:8||In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus
||1:8||1:8 ἐν “in” πυρὶ “unto-a-fire” φλογός, “of-a-blaze,” διδόντος “of-giving” ἐκδίκησιν “to-a-coursing-out” τοῖς “unto-the-ones” μὴ“lest” εἰδόσι “unto-having-had-come-to-see” θεὸν “to-a-Deity” καὶ “and” τοῖς “unto-the-ones” μὴ “lest” ὑπακούουσιν “unto-hearing-under” τῷ “unto-the-one” εὐαγγελίῳ “unto-a-goodly-messagelet” τοῦ “of-the-one” κυρίου “of-Authority-belonged” ἡμῶν “of-us” Ἰησοῦ, “of-an-Iesous,”|
Original Greek Source:
Drs. Westcott and Hort’s The New Testament in the Original Greek – a critical Greek text based primarily on Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus.
Literal English Features:
- Is true to the word order of the original Greek.
- Has literal English meanings based on the Greek roots.
- Assigns to each Greek word one unique English meaning.
- Shows (by hyphenated groups) the English meaning applying to each Greek word.
- Shows (by color coding and word notes) grammatical details within the Greek language.
Grammatical & Color Codings:1)http://www.qbible.com/greek-new-testament/
italic [the verb is in the Middle Voice]
underlined [the adjective or participle verb points to a plural subject] [single brackets] [accepted in the primary reading] [[double brackets]] [rejected in the primary reading]
bold [the Old Testament is being quoted]
apostrophes (‘) [the transliterated noun is plural]