Words and phrases Redacted by Westcott and Hort’s ENGLISH ONLINE
|WHENT||2 Peter||WHGNT||Westcott & Hort GNT – Literal Translation (Interlinear)|
|2Pe)2:17||These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved
||2:17||2:17 οὗτοί “The-ones-these” εἰσιν “they-be” πηγαὶ “pitchings” ἄνυδροι “un-watered” καὶ “and” ὁμίχλαι “mistings” ὑπὸ “under” λαίλαπος“of-a-tempest” ἐλαυνόμεναι, “being-driven,” οἷς “unto-which” ὁ “the-one” ζόφος “a-gloom” τοῦ “of-the-one” σκότους “of-an-obscurity“τετήρηται. “it-had-come-to-be-kept-unto.”|
Original Greek Source:
Drs. Westcott and Hort’s The New Testament in the Original Greek – a critical Greek text based primarily on Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus.
Literal English Features:
- Is true to the word order of the original Greek.
- Has literal English meanings based on the Greek roots.
- Assigns to each Greek word one unique English meaning.
- Shows (by hyphenated groups) the English meaning applying to each Greek word.
- Shows (by color coding and word notes) grammatical details within the Greek language.
Grammatical & Color Codings:http://www.qbible.com/greek-new-testament/
italic [the verb is in the Middle Voice]
underlined [the adjective or participle verb points to a plural subject] [single brackets] [accepted in the primary reading] [[double brackets]] [rejected in the primary reading]
bold [the Old Testament is being quoted]
apostrophes (‘) [the transliterated noun is plural]