Note the similarity between the trumpets, bowls and the ten Egyptian plagues
THE TEN PLAGUES ON EGYPT:
- Exo 7:17-18 the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood.
- Exo 8:2. Plague of frogs.
- Exo 8:16 Plague of gnats.
- Exo 8:21 Swarm of flies.
- Exo 9:3 Plague on livestock.
- Exo 9:9 Festering boils on men and animals.
- Exo 9:17-18 Plague of hail.
- Exo 10:4-5 Plague of locusts.
- Exo 10:21-22 Three days of darkness.
- Exo 11:4-5 Firstborn will die.
THE TRUMPETS AND BOWLS COMPARED
|FIRST||hail fire mixed with blood hurled to earth, third of the earth, trees and green grass burned up.||Ugly and painful sores on those who had the mark of the beast and worship his image|
|SECOND||third of sea turned to blood, third of living creatures in sea died, third of ships destroyed.||Sea turned to blood, everything in the sea died|
|THIRD||Third of waters turned bitter, many people died||Rivers and springs became blood|
|FOURTH||A third of the day and night was without light||Sun scorches people with fire|
|FIFTH||Locusts out of the Abyss torture mankind for five months||Kingdom plunged into darkness, men gnawed their tongues in agony|
|SIXTH||Third of mankind killed by fire, smoke and sulphur i.e. war 2||Three evil spirits (frogs) gather kings of the earth for battle on the great day of God Almighty.|
|SEVENTH||End of the age, time of the judgement, lightening, thunder, earthquake, hailstorm.||The end of the age, flashes of lightening, thunder, a great earthquake and plague of hail|